Terrence Addison, otherwise known as "Mr. Addison", was the landlord of Addison Apartments. He sold tea to his tenants for 25 cents and 50 cents for non-tenants.
Initially, only his eyes and occasionally his hand could be seen from his mail slot, all other characteristics being obscured and indistinguishable. Eventually, it was revealed he had brown hair and brown eyes and wore an orange long-sleeved shirt.
Following his transformation into The Endless One, the only semblance that remained of his humanity was his face, which sat atop the mass of green amorphous slime that became his body. He had several protrusions that branched out into human limbs (as well as one hand that appeared almost lizard-like). He possessed six enormous black eyes, each surrounded by numerous smaller eyes, and a vertical mouth with jagged teeth. Looking closely, it could be seen that various human-like faces were scattered across his body. If his name is any indication, it’s possible that his true size was significantly larger, and what was seen was only a small portion of his being.
After his defeat at the hands of Sal, Terrence appeared to him as a child, wearing a yellowish baseball cap, an orange long-sleeved shirt, and green pants.
When he was young, Terrence Addison was very impressionable and eager to please his father. Even then he was a timid individual and it only intensified when he had to slaughter his own family to prevent Red Eyes from spreading.
Despite being infected and slowly becoming less human, he continued the family business with a skip in his step and friendly attitude towards tenants, newcomers and longtimers alike.
As the Endless One, he is condescending, arrogant, and malicious. Taunting Sal at every opportunity and affirming that "Terrence" was long gone.
In 1887, the Addison Family, who were associated with the Devourers of God, moved to Nockfell from overseas, buying a portion of land from Alyson Rosenberg. This prompted the construction of Addison Apartments, as well as an expansion to the cult’s underground temple.
Terrence was born in 1905. Shortly following his birth, his parents struck a deal with the cult’s Council and he was chosen to become the entry point of The Endless One, secretly being fed human flesh from an early age. Ignorant to his parents’ actions, Terrence grew to idolize his father and had dreams of opening a tea shop.
Sometime between 1917-1932, Terrence’s soul was destroyed by The Endless One and his parents were murdered. When his appearance started to change, he was locked in his room by the Council to conceal their secret, while also drawing power from the entity.
Throughout the years, Terrence was able to successfully mask the transformation his body and soul had undergone and appeared as nothing but an anxious landlord.
Following the murder of Sandy Sanderson and the arrest of Charley Mansfield, Terrence quickly installed new security cameras throughout the apartment building to placate any concerns stirring among his tenants.
When approached by Sal and questioned about following his own aspirations by opening a tea shop, Terrence gives the idea some thought before affirming his resolve to remain loyal to his father's vision but is willing to start charging his tenants for tea instead of handing it out for free.
In the days leading to the Bologna Incident, Terrence began running a mini-business with his tea from the comfort of his room and advertising with a sign gifted to him by Larry Johnson: Addison Tea Please and Thank You! 50 cents a cup. 25 cents for tenants.
On the day of the Mass Murder at Addison Apartments, Sal discovered Terrence's now-true form: The Endless One. Through his transformation, Terrence successfully tainted all of the souls inside of his building with The Dark.
The Cult's goal had finally been realized.
After being dispatched by the Necrolight Guitar, Sal met the real Terrence who gave him a terrible mission to ensure the safety of the populace: kill all who were touched by the darkness of Red Eyes. Just as he had to do many years ago.
After great reluctance, Sal accepted and Terrence disappeared. Whether or not he is trapped as ghost in the apartment building, or was assimilated alongside the other ghosts is unknown.
- He is very rarely ever referred to as his first name.
- According to Jim Johnson's notes, Terrence was prophesized to become The Endless One.
- His name is spelled "Terrance" in The Bologna Incident.
- According to Miss Rosenberg, Terrence "worshiped" his father and his father was the most important thing in his life.
- Also, Miss Rosenberg said that Mr. Addison had a family but they all died in an accident.
- It was later confirmed that he had to kill them in similar to situation Sal Fisher went through in The Trial.
- Terrence followed in his father's footsteps, taking his place as landlord of Addison Apartments and giving up his dream of wanting to open up a tea house. However, this could of been a means of hiding his worsening condition after being infected by Red Eyes, this also explained why Terrence refused to let any resident come in his room.
- In addition, Terrence didn't want any resident to figure out his true identity, which was undone when Sal entered his room in The Trial.
- Sal was the one to offer the idea of pricing his tea instead of it being free for all.
- Five years later, that poster remained up there. Though it fell off when Sal proceeded with the slaughters.