The Old Journal is an item that belonged to Jim Johnson and was later given to Sal Fisher. It chronicles Jim and his sister Evelyn’s journey to Earth following their home planet’s devastation by a “Plague of Shadows”. The journal goes on to recount Evelyn’s mysterious disappearance, Jim’s life on Earth following his arrival, and gives a possible explanation to how the Red-Eyed Demon became associated with the cult and Addison Apartments.
Introduction in the gameEdit
The journal is first introduced during Sal's dream in the opening of Episode Three. Jim as the Phantom urges Sal to run away from a grotesque monster. After entering a door, Sal has to enter the right code to receive the journal.
How to findEdit
To receive the journal, the player needs to move the four panels to the correct positions in the following order, from right to left:
- First one - move to the Top
- Second one - move to the Bottom
- Third one - move to the Top
- Fourth one - move to the Middle
After entering the door that appears, the player should enter the following codes from right to left:
Continuing left, the player will receive the Old Journal.
Missing Pages Edit
- The first page will automatically be unlocked once the player receives the journal.
- Go to the Boys' Restroom, going to the stall at the end of the room where Travis' shoes stick out.
- Talk to Travis, choosing the following responses:
- First response: "Why do you hate me so much?"
- Second response: "Is your father pushing these beliefs on you?"
- Third response: "Yeah, but..."
- Fourth and final response: "I'm sorry, man".
- Travis will then have a change of heart and hand the page to Sal.
- Go to Henry's bedroom in Room 402
- Enter the following password on Henry’s computer: 491145.
- After clicking "Enter" the computer will shut down and the page will be on the floor next to the bed.
- Go to the mailbox located on the first floor of Addison Apartments.
- Search the mailbox.
- Go to Room 304.
- Walk to the kitchen and activate the Super Gear Boy.
- The page will appear on the floor.
- Go to Room 102.
- Stand in front of Miss Rosenberg and activate the Super Gear Boy, causing her to disappear.
- The page will be on the seat of her rocking chair.
- Go to Room 501 (the door without a number plate).
- Walk to the left with the Super Gear Boy out until reaching an empty nail on the wall.
- Activate the Super Gear Boy and the page will appear on the wall next to the third newspaper.
- While playing as Sal in the temple, walk to where Todd is and continue to the right until Sal walks off-screen and enters a hidden room.
- The page will be inside the chest in the center of the room.
- After switching to Larry, enter through the doors in exactly this order: right, middle, and left.
- After reaching the room, walk left until Larry walks off-screen and enters a hidden room.
- Step on the panel at the far left of the room to activate the middle pillar, revealing the switch.
- Activate the switch, then return to the previous hall and enter the door to the right.
- After switching to Sal, enter the doors in exactly this order: middle, left, and right.
- After reaching the room, walk to the right until Sal walks off-screen and enters a secret room.
- Step on the panel at the far right of the room to activate the middle pillar, revealing the switch.
- Activate the switch, then return to the previous room and enter the door at the end of the room.
- Walk to the open door, ignoring the panel puzzle on the floor, and enter that room.
- Light the necrolights with the Super Gear Boy which will summon the Ghost of the Cultist.
- The ghost will give Sal the page before departing.
- In the last room of the maze, walk to the right from the entrance.
- The page will be on the podium.